The Citizens’ Platform Supporting Refugees is first and foremost a citizen’s initiative.
As such it gets no state support and relies exclusively on volunteering as well as on citizens’generosity and solidarity, yours included !
You can support the Platform and help refugees through donation.
Your solidarity can help improve the living conditions of refugees on a daily basis and we are really grateful to you for your gesture.
Do you donate on behalf of a company, do you want to donate in your name or do you want to volunteer to help the platform operate ?
Then contact our team at : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also support us by donating money on the bank account BE04 5230 8077 7231 avec la mention with the communication “soutien aux réfugiés”/ “support to refugees” – or mention a specific action you wish to support in particular (sheltering, sleeping bags, Maximilien school, etc)
The owner of the bank account is the « ASBL Plateforme Citoyenne de Soutien aux Réfugiés » and the BIC Code is TRIOBEBB.
In order to keep our volunteers from spending too much time sorting donated items we only accept what our beneficiaries really need.
For the time being, we need the following items and pieces of clothing :
- Hygiene products (paper handkerchief, spray deodorant, lip balm, razors, small size shaving foam, perfume – all sizes, wipes in small packs)
- Small backpacks
- Sleeping bags
- Underwear and socks (only brand new) M/F, size S/M/L
- Shoes (sneakers) M 40-46/F 36-40
- Jeans slim and joggers M/F, size S/M/L
- Hoodies M/F, size S/M/L
- T-shirts M/F, size S/M/L
- Waterproof and dark coats M/F, size S/M/L
- Raincoats and waterproof ponchos
Where and when can you take the items you wish to donate ?
- New Humanitarian hub, North station (level -1, left Delijn bus tunnel looking towards the city senter) Monday to Friday 9am to 12 noon. Please contact Helen (0499822929) or Vanessa (0484151601)
- L’amère à boire, Rue du Belvédère 8, Ixelles, Every day 4pm-9pm.
- Muntpunt, Rue Léopold 2, 1000 Bruxelles, Monday to Saturday, 12pm-9pm
- Pianofabriek, 35 Rue du Fort à Saint-Gilles, Monday to Friday 9am-8pm, Saturday 9am-6pm
Should your parcels be too big or cumbersome, feel free to contact us at email@example.com